An Oak Park business in the 1100 block of Lake Street was the target of shoplifting at 2:40 p.m. on April 12.
The offender entered the business, took a bottle of Patron tequila and walked past the last point of sale without paying. The estimated loss is $39.99.
- The windows of a business in the 6100 block of Roosevelt Road were broken by an individual at 11:30 a.m. on April 12. A man was observed using a mallet or hammer to break the glass. The offender entered a dark-colored vehicle and fled westbound on Roosevelt Road. The estimated damage is $1,200.
- An Oak Park resident was the victim of criminal damage to their vehicle in the 500 block of South Oak Park Avenue, sometime between 5 and 5:15 p.m. on April 11. The offender waved down the driver of another vehicle. After both pulled over, two men emerged from the offenders' vehicle. The two offenders solicited repair services and began applying an unknown substance to the victim's front passenger side fender.
The offenders then used a tool to create multiple, small dents in the fender. One offender requested the victim go to the bank to withdraw cash for payment. The victim refused and the suspects entered their vehicle and left the scene. The estimated loss is unknown.
Fleeing and eluding
A 36-year-old Chicago reident was arrested at his home at 11:16 p.m. on April 12 and charged with fleeing and eluding, driving with a revoked license and driving without insurance.
A 24-year-old Oak Park man was arrested in the 300 block of North Harlem at 1:57 a.m. on April 13 and charged with driving under the influence, failure to give information and driving without insurance.
An Oak Park juvenile was arrested in the 700 block of North Austin Boulevard at 3:32 p.m. on April 13 and charged with aggravated assault. No additional information was given.
- A vehicle parked in the garage of a residence in the 1100 block of Westgate was burglarized, sometime between 6 p.m. on April 13 and 12:21 a.m. on April 15. The offenders took cash from the center console and an iPhone. The estimated loss is $805.
- A residential garage was burglarized in the 600 block of South Cuyler Avenue, sometime between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. on March 11. The offender entered and took a leaf blower and other equipment. The estimated loss is $150.
- A residence was burglarized in the 1200 block of North Taylor Avenue on either April 10 or 11. Police did not specify the date of the incident. The offender gained entry by unknown means and stole a two PlayStation consoles and games valued at $1,600.
- The silver 2007 Infiniti GX35 that was reported stolen on April 1 from the 700 block of Ontario was recovered in the 2600 block of West Schubert, Chicago, at 9:15 p.m. on April 11. No arrests were made.
- A resident of the 100 block of North Oak Park Avenue was the victim of theft, sometime between midnight on Jan. 1 and 11:44 a.m. on April 10. The offender removed a small box of coins valued at $5,000 from a bedroom closet.
Battery and criminal damage
A Chicago resident was the victim of battery and criminal damage in the 200 block of Chicago Avenue at 11:30 p.m. on April 10.
The victim was behind the counter of a business, when seven people entered. One of the offenders came behind the counter and struck the victim with a piece of aluminum from the grill.
The victim then hit the offender and a fight ensued. Three other men began striking the victim and knocked over the counter to the establishment.
All subjects then fled the store, entering two vehicles, a newer model Nissan and a black SUV. The offenders damaged the point-of-sale system, sales counter, ceiling and lottery machine.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park and River Forest police departments, came from reports, April 10-15, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public's help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Timothy Inklebarger
Answer Book 2018
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2018 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|